If you plan to export stock studies from Toolkit, the first thing we recommend is to set up a default export location; this will make sure that even when you’re in a hurry, the files will always end up in the same place.
To get started:
- Go to Options > Preferences, and click the File locations tab.
- On this screen, click the Browse button next to Default Path for Export, to open a new window.
- This new window will show a list of folders on your computer. If you aren’t too comfortable with navigating through the folders, take these few steps:
- First, scroll to the top of the list, then click Desktop.
- Next, click OK , and then OK again on the Preferences screen.
If you are comfortable with navigating through folders, we would suggest instead to choose either the Documents, or Downloads folder.
Regardless of your choice, clicking OK will set a default location for when you decide to export a file.
In addition to the written steps available on this FAQ page, you may also find it helpful to view a pre-recorded webinar by Doug Gerlach, on Importing, Exporting, and sharing Stock Studies in Toolkit 6., on our webinar archives page at: http://www.screencast.com/t/z1VtxpyEWQr
When you wish to share your stock studies with others, the easiest way to do so is from the Stock Library window.
The Export function is available from the bar at the bottom of either the Personal Library or Portfolio Holdings.
- With the library tab open so you can see a listing of your stock studies, click on a company to select it and click the Export button.
- In the Export Company dialog box, select the file format option you wish. You can choose either Toolkit format (.ITK), or Stock Study format (.SSG). Since the online Tools at BetterInvesting now support importing .ITK files, we suggest to choose the Toolkit format option when exporting.
- Click the Export button, and a copy of the file will be saved to the location previously set in the preferences.
If you want to export multiple stock studies, you can use the following steps:
- Go to File > Export Data. This will open the Select Companies to Export window.
- From the pull-down menu at the top of this screen, select the portfolio from which you’d like to export your companies -or- select Stock Library.
- Click to highlight the name of the company, and then click the Add button, or double-click on the company name, to add it to the list of companies to export. You may select companies individually or click Add all if you want to add all of the companies from a particular portfolio, for example.
- While you can change the export format, we suggest to leave it on the default Toolkit 6 Format (.ITK) selection.
- Click OK, and then OK again, to export to your default export location.
- You can always manually choose a different location if you do not want to use the default for any reason.
What To Do With The File, Once it's Exported:
If you want to email the file once it's been exported, please see our FAQ 1267 at: http://www.iclub.com/faq/index.php?solution_id=1267
If you are using myICLUB.com, and would like to add the exported file to the Watch List page, please see our FAQ 1211 at:
If you are using myICLUB.com, and would like to add the exported file to the File Storage page, please see our FAQ 1264 at:
If you would like to import the file into the Online Tools at BetterInvesting, please their FAQ 1146 at: