Online Workshop Information and Archives
Free Investment Club Webinars
Join us for a series of free online webinars focused on starting and running a successful investment club. ICLUBcentral's Doug Gerlach and other experts will walk you through our popular investment tools and demonstrate how to best utilize your software. After each session, you'll have the chance to ask questions as well.
To view a webinar session, all you need is a computer with speakers (or a telephone) and an internet connection. You do not need a microphone or webcam. Pre-registration is required, and space is limited, so sign up now!
Investment Club Webinars
- The Investment Club Operations webinar with Doug Gerlach is held on the third Tuesday of each month at 9:00 PM ET. Register once for all sessions.
Starting a new investment club, or even just thinking about it? Bring your questions to our webinar with club expert Doug Gerlach, and get the answers you need! Whether you have questions about club accounting, running a meeting, tax preparation, coping with problem members, or any aspect of club operations, Doug can help.
- May 21, 2013 - NO WEBINAR
- June 18, 2013 -
- July 16, 2013 -
- August 20, 2013 -
- September 17, 2013 -
- October 15, 2013 -
- November 19, 2013 -
- December 17, 2013 -
Investment Club Webinar Archives, Featuring Doug Gerlach
Can't attend a session? After a session has been completed, the webinar will be posted for you to view and share.
- 2013-04-16: What's New at myICLUB.com and How to Start an Online Investment Club, handout available in Attachments tab beneath video.
- 2013-03-19: Managing Club Files & Documents with myICLUB.com, handout available in Attachments tab beneath video.
- 2013-02-19: 2012 Investment Club Tax Clinic
- 2013-01-15: Preparing 2012 Investment Club Taxes, handout available in Attachments tab beneath video.
- 2012-12-18: Closing the Investment Club's 2012 Books, handout available in Attachments tab beneath video.
- 2012-11-20: How to Be the Be the Best Club President
- 2012-08-21: Superior Stock Selection for Investment Clubs
- 2012-07-17: "Passing the Torch: Preparing Your Club's Next Treasurer,"
- 2012-06-19: "Handling Member Withdrawals."
- 2012-03-20: "Going Paperless in Your Investment Club."
- 2012-02-21: Evaluating Club Performance and Understanding Compound Returns."
- 2011-11-15: "When to Sell a Stock (and When Not to)" (handout available in the StockCentral Learning Library).
- 2011-08-16: "What's on Your Club's Watch List?".
- 2011-06-21: "Preparing Your New Investment Club for Success.".
- 2011-04-19: "Picking Stocks for Your Investment Club: 20 Questions to Answer Before Investing in Any Stock",
- 2011-03-15: "Recruiting New Members for Your Investment Club".
- 2011-02-15: "Developing Your Club's Investment Policy Statement,"
- 2010-11-16: "How Successful Investment Clubs Choose Stocks" with special guest Russell Malley, ICLUBcentral Club Accounting Advisor
- 2010-10-19: "Don't Do That! Avoiding Common Club Accounting Problems" with special guest Russell Malley, ICLUBcentral Club Accounting Advisor
- 2010-09-21: "Running a Smooth, Tension-Free Investment Club Meeting" with special guest Russell Malley, ICLUBcentral Club Accounting Advisor
- 2010-08-16: "Making the Club Treasurer's Job Easy" with special guest Russell Malley, ICLUBcentral Club Accounting Advisor
- 2010-07-20: "Who's Watching Your Club's Stocks?"
- 2010-06-15: "Starting an Investment Club from Scratch"
- 2010-05-18: "Moving Your Club Online"
- 2010-04-20: "Best Practices for Investment Club Portfolio Management",
- 2010-03-16: "myICLUB.com Voting and Portfolio Graphs"
- 2010-01-19, with special guest Russell Malley, ICLUBcentral Club Accounting Advisor.
Attendees Rave about ICLUBcentral's Webinar Series!
"Doug did an excellent job on the webinar. I am looking forward to the next one. We have available to us some very useful tools. Now, we just have to use them! Thank you." - John Blankenberg
"I totally enjoyed the Webinar and learned much. It took away some of my fears and opened up a whole new vista of the potential for the program. To hear Doug in person was awesome. I heard him in Kansas City at our BI annual meeting. Very motivational! Thank you." - Don Park
"The screener webinar was my first visit to on-line education, and I enjoyed it more than if I attended a regular class. Doug was prepared and the screener itself is more powerful than I realized even though I have tinkered with it several times. This particular screener will be part of my future decision making process. Thanks, Doug." - Ed Chiampi