How do I enter the Kinder Morgan partners merger with Copano Energy?
Kinder Morgan Energy Partners completed its merger with Copano Energy on 05/01/2013. The SEC filing for this merger can be found online at: https://tinyurl.com/mogp4uf This transaction is a standard merger
Go to Transactions > Merger or Accounting > Securities > Record merger of securities depending on the version of the software being used. If you are unfamiliar with merger transactions you can get help at this URL:
Here is the information you need to complete the merger.
- Date: 5/01/2013
- Old Security or Merging Company: Copano Energy (CPNO)
- Price per share of old Security: 40.63
- Cash received: See your broker statement for cash-in-lieu
- New Security: Kinder Morgan Partners (KMP)
- Shares received: .4563 x (# of Copano shares owned)
- Do No Forget To Include Fractional Shares
- Price per share of KMP: our calculation shows 87.50; you can calculate the price your broker used if you divide your cash received by the number of fractional shares.