Saving reports in PDF format, when software doesn't have the ability built in.
While individual programs may not have the ability to create a .pdf file, both Windows and Apple systems have a built in ability to create a .pdf file.
If you have a Windows computer: Select to Print, and then choose Microsoft Print to PDF, when given the option of which printer to use.
If you have an Apple computer:
- On your Mac, open the document you want to save as a PDF.
- Choose File > Print.
- Click the PDF pop-up menu, usually near the bottom of the printing window, then choose Save as PDF.
- Choose a name and location for the PDF file, then Print or Save
If you have an iPad or iPhone:
- Open Safari and get to the page you want to save as a PDF.
- Tap the Share icon (near the top right-hand corner on iPad, or the bottom of the page on iPhone)
- Select Options from the top section of the window that comes up.
- Select PDF and then Back or Done.
- You will now return to the Share sheet. Tap Save to Files.
- Select the desired location and tap Save.
We suggest saving to the Desktop, or Downloads folder, if you are not comfortable with navigating to different folders on the computer or other device.
We suggest to give the file a name that includes the date and some indication of the file or report. You might save a file as 01-15-23_Members Report , if you are saving a copy of a member status report from myICLUB, for example.
Once you have saved your .pdf file, the next thing will be emailing it. The steps listed below are not specific, so make sure that you have made note of where the file is saved, and what it is named. For the steps below, we use a generic name, report.pdf, which has been saved to the Desktop.
EMAILING YOUR DATA
- Open your email program, and enter the addresses of the members you wish to send it to.
- Check to see how you send an attachment with the e-mail. There should be some instructions on your system about how to do an attachment. Some of the more common methods are:
- OUTLOOK EXPRESS - Select INSERT > FILE ATTACHMENT or click the paperclip icon.
- OUTLOOK - Select INSERT > FILE or click the paperclip icon.
- THUNDERBIRD - FILE > ATTACH > FILES or click the paperclip icon.
- Gmail - Click ATTACH A FILE link
- AOL - Select the ATTACHMENTS button at the bottom of the email.
- MSN - Press CONTROL-F on the keyboard.
- Use the FILE FIND window to locate the report.pdf file on your desktop.
- Click OPEN or ATTACH, and then send the email. This will send a .pdf file to the members that they should be able to open and read or print out for their own use.