One of the most common reasons we see for this is that the web browser has stored a previous login and/or password, is automatically filling in that information. Listed below are steps for finding and removing old logins and passwords on most common browsers.
Managing passwords in Google Chrome
Taken from https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95606?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en&oco=1
See, delete, or export saved passwords
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click Profile (near the top right-hand corner of the browser window) > Passwords.
- See, delete, or export a password:
- See: To the right of the website, click Show password. If you lock your computer with a password, you'll be prompted to enter your computer password.
- Remove: To the right of the website, click More (three dots stacked vertically) > Remove.
- Export: To the right of "Saved Passwords," click More (three dots stacked vertically) > Export passwords.
Note that the steps listed above are for Windows or Macintosh computers. If you are using an Android phone or tablet, iPad, iPhone, or other simialr device, please visit the Google Chrome Help page at https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95606?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en&oco=1
The site there has options to show these steps specifically for Android phone or tablet, iPad and iPhone.
Managing passwords in Mozilla Firefox
Taken from https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/password-manager-remember-delete-edit-logins?redirectlocale=en-US&redirectslug=password-manager-remember-delete-change-and-import
Managing usernames and passwords
You can easily manage the usernames and passwords that Firefox has saved for you.
- Click on the menu button (three horizontal lines) near the top right-hand corner of the browser window, to open the menu panel.
- Click Logins and Passwords. A window will open with a list of your saved logins.
- Search or scroll to find the login you want to change.
- Usernames: Double-click the username to change it.
- Passwords: Click Show Passwords. Double-click the password to change it.
- Remove: Highlight the logins you want to remove and click the Remove button.
- Remove All: Click this button to remove all of your saved logins.
Managing passwords in Microsoft Edge
Taken from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028534/microsoft-edge-save-or-forget-passwords
Save or forget passwords in Microsoft Edge
Applies to: Microsoft Edge, Windows 10
When you visit a website that requires you to sign in, Microsoft Edge will ask if you want your user name and password remembered. The next time you visit the site, Microsoft Edge will finish filling in your account info. Password saving is on by default, but here's how to turn it on or off:
- In Microsoft Edge select Settings and more (three dots in a row near the top right-hand corner of the browser window, to open the menu panel
- Then select Settings > Passwords & autofill.
- Turn Save passwords to Off.
Delete previously saved passwords in Microsoft Edge
- To remove previously saved passwords from Microsoft Edge, go to Settings > Privacy & security
- Select Choose what to clear under Clear browsing data, check Passwords, and then select Clear.
Managing passwords in Apple Safari
Taken from https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/passwords-sfri40599/mac
Change passwords preferences in Safari on Mac
In the Safari app on your Mac, use Passwords preferences to view, add, or edit user names and passwords you saved for websites. To change these preferences, choose Safari > Preferences, then click Passwords.
Due to changes across different versions of Mac OS, we encourage you to use the link listed above to see the most recent version of MacOS, and then use the drop-down menu on the Apple Support page, to select your version of MacOS.
Managing passwords on iOS devices
Managing passwords in iOS devices is different enough from desktop Safari, we suggest a separate link:
The link above covers a few different methods for managing passwords on iOS devices. If you need to cahnge or remove a password from your iOS device, please use the link above, and check for your version.