Changing a ticker symbol or company name.
Sometimes you will run into a case where a company makes a change to their name, or ticker symbol, without going through a merger or spinoff. In that case, you can use the steps below to make adjustments to the company information in our various tools:
In Club Accounting Online (myiclub.com):
- When signed in to myiclub.com, click the ACCOUNTING tab near the top of the page.
- Click the SECURITIES heading on the left hand side of the page.
- Click either SECURITY SETTINGS on the left hand side of the page, or UPDATE SECURITY SETTINGS near the top of the page.
- On the security Settings page, click the EDIT link next to the stock you would like to change.
- On the following page, you can change the Company name, Symbol and other information.
- Note that there is a box titled Symbol, and a box titled Quote Symbol near the bottom of the page. If you would like the ticker to display a short name on the main accounting page, enter the short name in the Symbol box, and the true ticker symbol in the Quote Symbol box. If not, enter the same ticker symbol in both boxes.
- Click the SUBMIT button near the bottom right-hand corner of the page to save any changes.
If you have previously created a valuation which showed the wrong price because the ticker symbol needed to be changed, do not forget to delete, and then re-do that valuation.
- Go to Accounting > Securities > Edit or delete existing valuation
- Pick the valuation from for the date in question. Click Delete, and then Delete again to confirm.
-NOTE: The system will give a warning that removing the valuation will change the unit amounts in member transactions after that date. This is ok.
- If you are removing an extra valuation, then you can stop here. If you are taking steps to re-do a valuation, then return to Accounting > Securities, but this time click 'Create new valuation'
- Choose the date, and complete the valuation. Since that date has already passed, the system will automatically use the closing prices for that day.
In Toolkit 6:
- Open the stock study from your library.
- Go to the Options menu and select Edit Data.
- On the screen that opens up, you can change the ticker symbol, company name, and other basic data.
- Click OK to save your changes. This will update the ticker, but retain all of the information.
NOTE: This will also update any copies of the study you have in portfolios.