How to rename your club
Resolution For Club Accounting Online:
In Club Accounting Online, the club name can be changed with just a few steps:
- When signed in to the club, click the People tab, near the top of the page.
- Click My Preferences, near the left hand side of the page.
- On the Preferences page, click Rename Club.
- If you have more than one club, make sure to choose the correct one from the drop-down list; otherwise, just click the Rename Club button
- On the Rename Club page, you will see " Please enter new name for <your_club_name>: "; click the text box next to this, and type in your club name.
- Click the Rename button to change the club name.
Note that if you have used the online tax printer, the 1065 and K-1 forms will still have the old club name unless you Regenerate them.
Resolution For Club Accounting 3 on the desktop:
- If you have not already done so, register the software with the incorrect name; this will allow you to make a backup of your existing information, which you will need to do.
- If you have not already done so, please contact ICLUBcentral support and let us know that you would like to re-register your club. We're available on the phone from 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM Eastern Time, M-F at 877-334-2582. You can also reach us at www.iclub.com/support. Make sure to tell us the club name as it is currently registered, the serial number, and the name of the person who registered it most recently. This is a necessary step, as we will need to reset the registration status here for the program to register correctly.
- In Club Accounting , go to File > Export to create a backup. The program will give the option of where to save the file; we suggest the desktop.
- When the program says it has finished the export, go to Tools > Switch Clubs.
- Click the New Club button; enter the club name you want to use, and click OK.
- If you do not have it available anywhere else, copy down the serial number currently in the program.
- Select the current club, and click delete. When the program asks, confirm that you would like to delete the current club.
- Next, go to Help > Register to re-register the software.
- After registering, go to File > Import; Follow the steps on the import page to find and import the backup file made in step 3, which completes the process.