Stock price not updating
This is generally caused by the treasurer changing the ticker symbol to an incorrect symbol or by the security company changing its symbol. For example, Harley Davidson changed its symbol from HDI to HOG. Unless the treasurer manually changes the symbol to HOG in Club Accounting, the prices will not update.
First, we suggest to check the ticker symbol:
- Go to https://finance.yahoo.com/
- Enter a symbol that you have in your portfolio in the field next to "Get Quotes" and then press the "Get Quotes" button.
- If the symbol is not found by Yahoo, it is probably incorrect.
- Check your broker statements or call your broker to determine the correct symbol for that security.
Once you have found the correct symbol, here's how to change the symbol in your Club Accounting.
- Go to ACCOUNTING > SECURITIES
- Click on UPDATE SECURITY SETTINGS
- Select EDIT SECURITY SYMBOL AND SETTINGS
- Click EDIT next to the name of the security you want to edit.
- In the Edit Security Settings screen, enter the new symbol in BOTH available fields. There is a box near the top of the page under "Symbol" and another near the bottom next to "Quote Symbol".
- Click SUBMIT