Kraft Foods Group (KRFT) merger with Heinz to create The Kraft Heinz Company (KHC)
On July 2nd, 2015, Kraft Foods Group (KRFT) completed its merger with Heinz, to create The Kraft Heinz Company (KHC). This can be entered in the myICLUB.com online accounting using the Merger with cash transaction available by going to Accounting > Securities > Merger with cash.
The details of the transaction in myICLUB.com are as follows:
- Date: 7/2/2015
- Merging Company: Kraft Foods Group (KRFT)
- Number of Daughter companies: 1
- Price Per Share of KRFT: 88.19
- Taxable Status: Transaction is taxable to a maximum of the cash received.
- Cash per share received: 16.50
- Exchange ratio of new to old shares: 1 to 1
- Price per share of new shares: 71.00 (opening price on 7/6/15)
- Reorganization Fee: Enter any re-organization fee the broker charged, otherwise leave blank.
- Symbol of new company: KHC
- Shares received: Same as existing shares.
- Cash received: leave blank, unless the broker showed cash for fractional shares.
- Account: Change to whichever account the dividend money was deposited to