eBay (EBAY) spinoff of PayPal (PYPL)
The following information is based on eBay's filing of form 8937, found in the Investor Relations area of their web site.
On July 17th, eBay (EBAY) completed a spinoff of PayPal (PYPL), which began regular trading on July 20th. This is a standard spinoff, which can be entered using the following information:
- Parent Company: eBay (EBAY)
- New (daughter) Company: PayPal (PYPL)
- Transaction date: July 17th, 2015
- eBay Remaining Basis Percentage: 39.2706
- PayPal (PYPL) Shares received: The same as the number of shares the club held in eBay (EBAY).
- Price per share of PayPal (PYPL): 41.63