AT&T (T) and DirecTV (DTV) merger
AT&T completed its merger with DirecTV 7/24/2015 for cash and AT&T stock.
The SEC filing for this merger (S-4/A filing of 8/19/2014) was origianlly posted in the Investor Relations area of the AT&T web site.
This merger is a cash-plus-stock reorganization. All the information below is from the information available from the S-4/A filed with the SEC.
This transaction can be entered in the myICLUB.com online accounting using the Merger with cash transaction available by going to Accounting > Securities > Merger with cash.
The details of the transaction in myICLUB.com are as follows:
- Date: 7/24/2015
- Merging Company: DirecTV (DTV)
- Number of Daughter companies: 1
- Price Per Share of DTV: Use the last valuation price
- Taxable Status: Transaction is taxable to a maximum of the cash received.
- Cash per share received: 28.50 The number entered here will automatically fill in the Cash received (not counting fractional shares): field. If the cash amount is not correct, adjust the Cash per share until it is.
- Exchange ratio of new to old shares: 1.892 to 1
- Price per share of new shares: 34.29 (Closing price on 7/24/15)
- Reorganization Fee: Enter any re-organization fee the broker charged, otherwise leave blank.
- Symbol of new company: T
- Shares received: Filled in automatically.
- Cash received: leave blank, unless the broker showed cash for fractional shares.
- Account: Change to whichever account the extra money was deposited to