My Account Store Store

2023 Federal & State Investment Club Tax Printers for

Order your 2023 Club Tax Printers.

2023 Federal Forms

2023 State Forms


Club Tax Principles
Order Tax Printers
IRS Website
Tax Printer Support State Club Tax Printers available for:

  • Arizona *
  • California *
  • Colorado
  • Georgia
  • Indiana *
  • Iowa *
  • Maryland
  • Massachusetts *
  • Minnesota
  • Missouri
  • New Jersey *
  • New York *
  • Oklahoma
  • Oregon
  • Pennsylvania
  • Wisconsin *

* See warnings for clubs in Arizona, California, Indiana, Iowa, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, or Wisconsin.

Member, National Association of Computerized Tax Processors

Frequently Asked Questions about Investment Club Tax Preparation

Does my investment club have to file a tax return with the IRS?

Yes. While investment clubs that are formed as general partnerships do not have to pay taxes directly to the IRS, every investment club must file an informational return with the IRS. It doesn't matter how new your club is, whether or not you had any income during the year, whether or not you bought or sold any securities you must still file the appropriate forms with the IRS.

Do you offer e-Filing?

Yes. We offer e-Filing for IRS returns and for several states at no additional charge. With e-Filing, there's no need to print and mail your return -- with a click of a button, your return is automatically and securely submitted to the IRS or state server. You'll receive a confirmation when your return is accepted by the IRS or state establishing the time and date of your timely submission. e-Filing is included free with the purchase of your myICLUB Club Federal or State Tax Printer. (e-Filing not available for all states.)

What securities does the Club Tax Printer support?

We support common stocks, mutual funds, exchange-traded funds, cash, fixed income securities held by investment clubs. The Federal Club Tax Printer does not support investments in (or in securities that hold) cryptocurrencies, equity options, precious metals, commodities, or master limited partnerships. It also does not support the IRS filing requirements of partnerships that include foreign (non-U.S.) partners.

What forms do I have to submit?

To file your club's Federal tax returns with the IRS, you will typically need to complete several forms and schedules. Form 1065 is used by General Partnerships (like your investment club) to file their tax returns with the IRS. It's what is called a "pass-though" document it allows the liabilities of the total tax due to be "passed-through" to the members of the partnership.

  • Schedule D is part of Form 1065 and covers the Capital Gains and Losses for your club.
  • Schedule K-1 is an individualized report specific to each member of your club covering their individual share of the tax liability. Each member receives their own Schedule K-1 which they must submit to the IRS with their personal tax returns.
  • Schedules K-2 and K-3 are used to report foreign income received by the club.
  • Schedules B-1, B-2, L, M-1, and M-2 are also generated if required for the club.'s Federal Club Tax Printer software includes all sections of Form 1065 and the above related schedules, and allows you to print out a Schedule K-1 and K-3 for each member of your club.

What about state tax returns?

Tax filing procedures differ from state to state. Some states do not require investment clubs to file returns, while others provide stiff penalties for investment clubs that do not file. Here is what we know about current state requirements.

Clubs that are located in Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, or Wisconsin must file a return with their state agencies. Fortunately, clubs in these states can use's Club State Tax Printer software to generate the necessary forms.

Clubs that are located in California, Indiana, Iowa, New York, Massachusetts, Wisconsin, or New Jersey should also be aware that they are subject to certain conditions.

Clubs that are located in Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Hawaii, Kentucky, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont, or West Virginia are probably required to file annual tax returns with their state, even though does not offer a product for those states. (NOTE: This is not a definitive list, so check with your state to confirm its requirements if it is not listed here.)

Finally, an increasing number of states -- including Georgia, Indiana, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia -- require partnerships to file a return if the partnership has any partner who resides in that state, regardless of where the partnership is officially located. This may require some clubs to file with more than one state. If you use the Club State Tax Printer, you may generate the needed returns for additional states for the same club at no additional cost.

If you have any questions, contact your state's tax agency (such as the Department of Revenue or Department of Taxation) for more information about that state's requirements. Note that tax laws do change, so even if a state did not require filings in the past, they may have changed requirements for the current tax year.

To learn more about filing your club's tax returns, visit our Club Tax Printer Support page or the official IRS website.

About    Press    Management    Privacy Policy    Terms of Service    Contact

copyright © 1989 - ICLUBcentral Inc. or its affiliates