|In This Issue:|
Toolkit 6 Updates and Special Offers
We've got lots of news to report about Toolkit 6 -- enough to fill an entire issue of the ICLUB Insider! But we'll try to keep it short. Here's all you need to know about the latest release of the world's most popular fundamental stock analysis software:
Newly-Updated Printed Manual Now at the Printer
We are pleased to announce the imminent release of the printed Toolkit 6.1 Owner's Manual, updated to include all of the new features and enhancements added to the program in the version 6.1 update. The manual is at our printer in California and we expect copies to begin to to ship within the next 10 days (hopefully sooner).
The printed manual is 342 pages long and identical to the electronic version that ships with the program, but is Wire-O bound to allow it to lay flat on your desk (try doing that with a PDF file!). The manual has received praise from many users for its explanations of how to invest in the stock market using the Toolkit 6 approach, as well as how to use the program. If you have not yet ordered your printed manual, you may order it today from the ICLUB.com store.
If you would like, you may also download the newly-revised version 6.1 manual from the ICLUB web site in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format.
Toolkit 6.1 Released
We recently released Version 6.1 of the program with some enhancements and fixes. If you've been waiting for the kinks to get worked out of the program, now's the time to upgrade to the power of Toolkit 6! Among the new features in version 6.1 are the following:
- Cash Flow per Share and Long-Term Debt can now be displayed on the historical graph along with the other optional items (Shares Outstanding, Dividends, Book Value, and Net Income). For companies that you already have in your database, you'll need to update the data in order to download and save the data for these items before you can view them on the graph.
- In the Library, the date that the Complete Roster of Quality was last updated is now displayed. Look in the Portfolios section of the library -- select the "Roster of Quality" portfolio, and you'll see the "Last updated date:" just below that. You can also manually update the Roster listing by selecting File > Update Complete Roster. The Complete Roster of Quality Companies is generated on StockCentral each weekend, and the program automatically checks once a week to download the latest version. Depending on your schedule of stock analysis, it's possible that you might not have seen the most recent Complete Roster in your program. But now, in version 6.1, you can both know how current the listing is, and also refresh the list at will to ensure that you're viewing current companies. (Note: You must be a StockCentral subscriber for this feature to be enabled.)
- On page 2 of the Stock Study form, we've cleaned up and streamlined much of the text. This should make the page much easier to read and interpret. In Section 3, you'll see Current, Average, and Projected P/E Ratios displayed, along with the PEG Ratio and the Trailing Twelve Months (TTM) and Future Twelve Months (FTM) EPS. In Section 5, the total return and yield figures are nicely organized, not typed in as some afterthought.
- Institutional and insider ownership figures are now updated correctly when you update company data. This only affects data services that have this information, such as StockCentral's data service.
Time Running Out for Special Low Upgrade Pricing
For Investor's Toolkit 5 users, our Toolkit 6.1 special upgrade price of $109.99 ($99.99 for StockCentral members) will expire on 12/31/08.
If you purchased your Investor's Toolkit 5 after May 15, 2008, call ICLUBcentral at (877) 33-ICLUB or (617)661-2582 for details on special low upgrade prices. But call before December 31, 2008 when this offer expires!
Member of a Club? Have We Got a Deal for You!
If your club has five or more members who wish to upgrade and/or purchase Toolkit 6.1, you may be eligible for a group discount at prices too good to advertise (but which will increase on January 1, 2009). Call ICLUBcentral at (877) 33-ICLUB or (617)661-2582 for details on how to get your club members all using the most popular software for stock analysis available!
Free Online Webinars Available
Want to learn more about what Toolkit 6.1 can do for you? Register today for a free online webinar on "Integrating Toolkit 6 with StockCentral" conducted by ICLUBcentral President Doug Gerlach next Tuesday, December 9, 2008, at 9PM ET (6PM ET). You can also watch the replay of Doug's recent webinar on all the new features in Toolkit 6. This presentation runs for approximately 45 minutes and will give you an overview of how Toolkit 6 can make you a smarter investor.
Make the Move to Toolkit 6 Today
Join the more than 1,200 investors who have already upgraded to the new, powerful Toolkit 6.1 today! Order Your Copy Today!
Tax Season Tips: Use Proper End-of-Year Procedures
Though it hardly seems likely, tax season has quickly crept up upon us all once again. And so now ICLUBcentral's 2008 Club Tax Printers are available for pre-order.
Currently, the 2008 Club Tax Printers only produce "draft" forms, which cannot be filed with the IRS or your state. However, the software features an auto-updater, which will automatically download and install the final forms after they are approved by the IRS. (Of course, if you use Club Accounting Online at myiclub.com, then your Tax Printer will be updated automatically as soon as they are available.) Once final forms are released, you can quickly print the final tax documents for your club.
With the end of the year quickly approaching, many are asking, "How do I close my books?" Having experienced tax season many times, Daniel Abraham, ICLUBcentral's Vice-President of Customer Care and Special Projects, is pleased to share his knowledge of what closing your books means for you and your club.
Strictly speaking, "closing the books" is a misnomer. You don't have to put everything on hold while you finish out last year's transactions. You can continue to record next year's transactions while finishing this year's transactions in preparation for filing the partnership tax returns.
A Few Warnings and Reminders to Start:
- If you are still using Club Accounting versions 1 or 2, you must upgrade to Club Accounting 3.1 (CA 3.1) or Club Accounting Online (CAO) to run your taxes.
- Do not enter ANY transactions on 12/31 except for security valuations. No deposits, no sales...nothing. If the broker or bank says that the transaction is on the 31st, move it to the 30th in the software.
- If you can't make it on time, you can ask the IRS for an extension. Visit http://www.irs.gov for more information. The partnership return is due on April 15th.
- Want to know how Club Accounting determines how to fill out the form? Check our support pages.
- Remember that you will not be able to finish processing the year's transactions until...
StockCentral Coming to Minneapolis
For all of our friends in the Great Lakes region, we're going to bring a bit of warmth and cheer to your January with a day-long Investor Education Workshop on Saturday, January 24th, at the Ramada Grand Rios Resort in Brooklyn Park, MN.
This event features a packed schedule of classes taught by a star-studded lineup of investing experts, including Mark Robertson of Manifesting Investing, Matt Willms of QUANT IX SOFTWARE,Lee Wenzel of Wenzel Analytics, and ICLUBcentral's Doug Gerlach. With classes such as "Portfolio-Centered Decision Making", "Let's Get Technical: What are the Charts Telling Us?", "Introduction to Diversification and Asset Allocation" and "Dealing with the Dogs of Your Portfolio", there's sure to be plenty of solid advice for you and your club members.
After the classes, there will be a two-hour Cyber Café , with software demos, socializing with fellow investors, and hobnobbing with the instructors. Visit the ICLUB.com web site to download a flyer to distribute to your club members, for more information, or to register for the event.
Space is limited, so register today to reserve your place! Registration is just $40 ($50 at the door) -- can you afford to miss this very special event?
December 5, 2008
We're ICLUBcentral Inc.
From our World Headquarters in the historic College House building in the heart of Cambridge's Harvard Square, we develop high-quality software products and web services for individual fundamental investors, and powerful accounting tools used by the majority of US investment clubs.
Start A Club
Investor Advisory Service
12/6: Club Accounting Workshop, Willow Grove, PA; Doug Gerlach, Presenter.
12/9: Webinar: Integrating Toolkit 6 with StockCentral
12/23: Webinar: Preparing for Club Tax Season
1/6/09: Webinar: Improving your Portfolio with Investor Advisory Service
1/20/09: Webinar: Preparing your Club's Taxes
1/24/09: StockCentral Investor Education Workshop; Minneapolis, MN.
2/4 - 2/7/09: World Money Show, Orlando, FL; ICLUBcentral and StockCentral, Exhibitors.
2/14/09: Club Accounting Workshop and Club Portfolio Clinic, Menasha, WI; Doug Gerlach, Presenter.
Submit Your Event!
Like 7-Eleven, we're not always doing business, but we're always open -- visit the ICLUB Store and outfit yourself with the simple, yet powerful tools and services that smart investors have been using to grow their portfolios since 1989.
Got a Problem?
Support is here to help. You can reach them M-F, 9:30 AM--6:00 PM at 877-33-ICLUB (877-334-2582), or use the email web form at ICLUB Support.