|In This Issue:|
Purchase 2009 Club Tax Printers Now And Save
Time is running short to cash in on the savings for your Club's 2009 Federal and State Tax Printers. You can't avoid the Tax Season BUT you can avoid spending that extra cash. Purchase Before December 31, 2009 And Save!
Pre-order now and pay just $89.99 if you purchase before December 31, 2009. StockCentral Members save even more, and pay just $59.99!
Pre-Order for Club Accounting 3.1
Pre-Order for Club Accounting Online at myICLUB.com
ICLUBcentral's Tax Printer software walks you through the filing process step by step with its easy-to-understand wizard function. It takes just a few clicks of your mouse to prepare all the necessary tax filings for your club. You'll be able to accurately and completely prepare each section of Form 1065 (including Schedule D) for your club and print out K-1 reports for each of your club's members.
And for more about Club Taxes, don't miss the valuable information found on the ICLUBcentral website. Go to www.iclub.com/taxes for "Frequently Asked Questions about Investment Club Tax Preparation" and more!
Don't delay — order today and not only will you save money, but you'll take the
worry, frustration and guesswork out of this year's tax season.
Final Deadline to Upgrade to Toolkit 6
As the year winds down, this is your reminder that effective December 31, 2009, ICLUBcentral will no longer offer support for Toolkit 5.
If you have not already upgraded to Toolkit 6 — There is no better time than now! December 31, 2009 will also be your last chance to purchase Toolkit 6 Upgrade at the special low price of just $139.99.
Upgrade Today And Save $40
Experience the many innovative features that have been wowing individual investors since the release of Toolkit 6.
You won't want to miss these outstanding features:
Be your own analyst and develop your personalized model of any company's likely future performance, current valuation, and optimal buy price.
- Download and import historical company data.
- Use the new "Default Judgment" option to instantly complete a stock study using a conservative analysis approach.
- Graph additional items such as dividends, cash flow, book value, shares outstanding, and debt on the historical graph.
- Plot analysts' future fiscal year estimates on the graph to guide your Earnings Per Share growth projection
- Review additional pre-calculated future low price options to determine the potential downside of buying a stock at its current price.
- And Much More!
Don't delay — upgrade to Toolkit 6 by December 31, 2009 and Save $40.
To purchase your Toolkit 6 Upgrade or for more information,
Visit www.iclub.com or call 877-334-2582.
Join the Club!
by Amy Rauch Neilson
Even among Gen-Xers — a generation that supposedly embraces technology — there is a Great Divide. Earlier this week, I was sitting with a group of friends at an airport food venue. Two of us — myself included — love technology — from Facebook to text messaging. Two of us cannot understand why in the world people would text message when they could simply pick up the phone and call.
Certainly, the world is changing and shrinking with remarkable speed. And technology has its place. Without it, there are avenues that simply couldn't exist — from online reconnections with friends with whom you somehow lost touch to virtual group gatherings, such as the StockCentral Toolkit 6 User Group. Nearly 400 people have registered for the Group since its inaugural meeting last June, and about 150-200 are in attendance the first Tuesday of each month.
There's no doubt that some participants would truly prefer to gather in the old-fashioned way. They also realize, however, the opportunity online meetings afford. "Teaching live to an audience at a good venue is the best for sharing knowledge of a subject," says SC Member Ken Peters, who belongs to the Core Investment Group and is a director for the BI Space Coast Chapter. "However, with the economy, high fuel prices, H1N1, the high cost of a venue, the ability to recruit speakers from across the country and reach hundreds vs. dozens of investors, online meetings certainly have their place."
Update to Club Accounting 3 Released
We are pleased to announce the release of an update to the popular Club Accounting 3 for Windows! This update is free for all current users of Club Accounting 3 with a current Club Accounting Maintenance Agreement.
Nearly 50 improvements, enhancements, and corrections have been made for Club Accounting version 3.2. In addition, a new installer is available for users of 64-bit Windows 7 or Windows Vista operating systems. (See the bottom of this message for further instructions).
Here's a sampling of what's new in version 3.2:
- 64-bit operating systems are now supported.
- .XML files are now a compatible import file type.
- Dividends now listed as Security income.
- Cash now rounds to 2 decimal places.
- Club Capital Gains report now shows long- and short-term gains separately.
- Cash Journal now shows when balance reaches zero.
- Emergency Contact line in member profile now imports/exports to Club Accounting Online.
- Further adjustments to make sure that transactions on 12/31 are handled properly.
- Allocation of Earnings no longer out of order on Individual valuation units ledger report.
- Unit value added to Individual valuation units report.
- Expenses/fees prior to first stock purchase now affects unit value.
- Member and grand total added to member deposit report.
- Reinvested dividends confirmation screen adjusted to display correctly.
- Remarks can now be edited on all transactions.
- Added select active and inactive links to security reports.
- Marking account inactive now affects accounts listed on valuation.
- Changed "Complete Withdrawal" to "Complete Pending Withdrawal."
- Second backup in one day no longer overwrites existing backup of same day.
- Old valuations no longer incorrectly display most recent prices.
- Confirmation screen for security purchases now lists service charge.
- Individual Valuation Units Ledger report now shows 12/31 distribution.
- Program now allows negative entries in all transactions.
- Editing an "Other Income" transaction now displays correct category.
- Default date for Allocation of Income and Expenses report changed.
- Closing Address Labels report with close button no longer crashes.
See the complete list of features and changes on the ICLUB.com Web site.
Upgrading to Version 3.2
The next time you start the Club Accounting 3 program, it will check the ICLUB.com server and see that an update is available. Follow the prompts to allow the program's auto-updater to download and install the 3.2 release.
To manually launch the auto-updater, first make sure that you're connected to the Internet, and then select Help from the menu, then Check for Updates. The auto-updater will start and automatically download and install the update. Just follow the instructions as they are presented on your screen. (The update file is large, so be patient if you're connected to the Internet using a dialup connection.)
If you have any question about the version of the program that you're using, select Help from the menu, then About Club Accounting. Your version number is displayed on this screen. Note: You must be using version 3.1 or later in order to have this upgrade installed. If you are using version 3.09 or earlier, contact ICLUB Customer Support for assistance in upgrading.
Special Instructions for Users of 64-bit Operating Systems
If you use the 64-bit versions of Windows 7 or Vista, please download the 64-bit installer for Club Accounting 3. Save the installer to your computer desktop. Make sure that you have a current backup of your club database, then install version 3.2 using the installer file. (If the program prompts you, uninstall any prior version of the program before attempting to install version 3.2.) If necessary, register the program and restore your backup data.
If you have any problems accessing or installing the version 3.2 update, please contact ICLUB Customer Support.
Thanks for being a user of Club Accounting 3!
P.S. We cordially invite you to join our monthly "New Investment Club Orientation"! On the third Tuesday of each month, Doug Gerlach will answer questions and present tips for club treasurers both new and experienced in an interactive webinar session. Register once and then attend each monthly session. It's completely free!